Is your child:
• easily distracted and has trouble completing tasks or following instructions?
• struggling academically, particularly with reading comprehension and math?
• failing to meet their goals despite motivation and hard work?
• struggle with getting to work on time?
• struggle to meet deadlines at work?
• have difficulty prioritizing multiple activities?
• find it a challenge to handle conflicts within the family effectively?
Poor working memory could be part of the problem.
Working memory is the ability to keep information in your mind for a short time, focus on a task and remember what to do next. It is a critical function closely related to attention necessary for a wide range of cognitive tasks, and is one of the best predictors of academic achievement.
Studies consistently show that problems with attention and learning are often caused by poor working memory. That holds true for those with ADHD, learning disabilities, or milder forms of learning and attention problems.
Cogmed Working Memory Training is a rigorous web-based intervention shown in controlled research to improve working memory capacity. Trainees who complete Cogmed training typically show measurable improvement in working memory capacity leading to improved attention, behaviour, academic and occupational performance.
Cogmed has by far the largest body of research supporting its effectiveness in improving working memory of any cognitive training program available.
It began with Dr. Klingberg’s 2005 study showing strong results in a placebo-controlled,
multi-centre trial for children with ADHD.
Since then, leading researchers around the world have added to Cogmed research, proving its efficacy with a wide variety of populations.
For information about Cogmed research, go to: Cogmed
Cogmed offers a comprehensive program that screens and monitors users, along with providing an easily accessible and engaging platform as it focuses around three easy-to-use, age-ability specific online training programs.
Our training and support program includes:
• Online and self-guided professional training done at your own pace and on your own time.
• Active monitoring of trainings with suggested areas of improvement.
• Live, personal implementation and technical support